Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Pull up a chair...

This going to be a long post. Pictures from Easter, fabric selections for those seeking totes, and finally some pics from today and a video of my energizer bunny dancing this morning.

Since Todd was on call in-house on Easter Sunday the Easter Bunny came to our house Friday night. The girls and I decorated eggs Friday evening. We tried the glitter eggs kit this year. I give it two thumbs down, but the girl had fun.



Here they are Saturday morning hunting eggs. It's always too cold in Albany to hunt egg outside. Every Easter I think about the year that Sadie, our childhood family dog, found and chewed up all the Easter eggs in the backyard. LOL.











Nana sent these adorable tutus. THe girls loved them. I'll remember to get pictures of them dancing this week. The girls loved the mini baskets sent by Grandma and Grandpa Beyer too. The ceramic mushroom flowerpots and watered and up on the window sill over the sink. Lucy check them everyday after school to see if they are growing yet. Thanks for all the Easter goodies. I didn't have to buy a thing this year. Easy button.

Ok, so onto fabrics. If you're not one of the people interested in a tote scroll past and make sure you catch the video at the end. I use a woven interfacing on all pieces, and single layer of fusible fleece to give the bag the perfect thickness and form. With all the interfacing the cost of each tote will be $45 plus shipping. I think I can fold the bag and ship it fairly inexpensively. I'll have to figure out the exact cost.
The tote is standard size. I can email dimensions if you'd like them. Right now I'm only offering the tote but I'm working on some other sizes and patterns. It might be a month or two before I have these patterns worked out and available. Stay tuned if you don't want a tote. Handbags to follow.
I'd also recommend browsing these websites. I can get any of these fabrics from a local supplier.
This is Amy Butler's site. Click on the collections listed and browse through fabrics. Love.her.
Anna Maria Horner's site:
Heather Bailey, check out her freshcut and pop gardent collections listed on the left.
And here's what I have on hand. Some are already cut, some are just folds of uncut fabric. I can send you swatches of any of the fabrics I have on hand. I don't think the colors are always true in the photos. Let me know if you'd like some swatches mailed to you. No problemo.
This is a bag a made for Mom. I love this fabric and have more of it already cut.



The bird bag again. I still have more of this fabric. This is with the brown nest fabric as an accent.

Exterior:

Interior with pocket panel:







Bird with red accent fabric (instead of brown accent)
















And here are some lightweight canvas fabrics that I plan to make pool/beach tote with. The fabric is heavier for more outdoor wear and tear.

This is a dark brown accent with the green zebra print

This is B&W with a lime green accent:

And here are some pics from this morning and a video of Isabel dancing.


Mmmmmm...these hands taste good. Maybe I can both of them in my mouth.
Nice drool.
And the grand finale of this the eternal post.





X.O.

2 comments:

Sylvia said...

The girls are so beautiful!! I love the half shot of you too. LOL. The fabrics you posted are gorgeous! I haven't checked out the links yet....decisions-decisions!! Your floors and paint colors look great, btw!

Big Blue's Driver said...

Isabel looks like she was still asleep! I miss the Easter egg hunt days. I guess those things come back when you have kids!