I picked this up at a playdate this summer. It's an easy, too yummy chicken and spinach salad. I make a batch of the chicken/pasta, refrigerate and toss a spoonful of it with a handful of spinach for lunch and viola -- a quick, healthy and delicious lunch for several days.
6 oz. bowtie pasta cooked
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1/2 cup EVOO
1/3 cup soy sauce (I tend to use more like 1/4 cup, start with less and soy to taste)
3 TBS sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3 cups cold shredded cooked chicken (I use a rotisserie chicken)
8 cups baby spinach leaves
Optional (1/2 cup chopped parsley and sliced green onion)
Cook pasta and drain. Rinse with cold water and drain again.
In small frying pan combine sesame seeds and 1/4 cup of EVOO. Cook over med-low heat, stirring occasionally until seeds are golden (several minutes). Let cool. Stir in remaining oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Pour over cooked pasta, add chicken and toss gently. Cover and chill at least 2 hours or until next day.
To serve toss with spinach (parsley and onion)
Enjoy!
4 comments:
What, no pictures of some cute little girls eating that delicious salad?
No. They spit it out and told me it was "ick".
Okay...we don't have EVOO here in South Texas (land of Tex Mex and bad barbeque). So...got any substitutions? PLEASE HELP US ! Love, Auntie in Texas
EVOO is Rachel Ray shorthand for extra virgin olive oil. :) Hope you like it.
Post a Comment