Sunday, July 13, 2008

It's my party...

...and I'll pout on a pony if I want to,



Pet bunnies if I want to,


Pet bunnies if I want to,



It's my party and I'll hula hoop if I want to,

Hula hoop if I want to...

Wow, birthday parties have changed a lot since I was a kid. Long gone are the days of pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey and boxed Betty Crocker cakes. Yesterday we celebrated Lucy's classmate's 4th birthday, and this is the second birthday party with pony rides and petting zoos (others have included indoor water parks and indoor bouncy houses). Expectations are riding high for birthday parties these days. I had no idea. Todd says that he's going to do a Cowboy Dan routine a la Steve Martin on Parenthood for Lucy's 5th birthday. Can't wait.

2 comments:

Cherie Mac said...

Great shots! If TB is going to play Cowboy Dan, you MUST videotape and upload! I love the bunnies...almost as cute as Miss Lucy :)

Anonymous said...

Erica B! Love the new blog. It is official....the entire Phillips clan can write! You also have quite the knack for some great kodak moments (much like your sister), and you have proceeded to make my uterus hurt!

BTW....how awesome was the Betty Crocker cake? I always found it superior to Duncan Hines. I was always partial to the yellow cake with chocolate frosting, myself. To this day, in our fam we call it "the yellow and brown." (although seeing it in writing just now, we may need to change that name.)